yoga


my first yoga session was quite intense. There were only two of us during the whole exercise. I love the part where I got to hug myself. I felt so happy. Maybe I should hug myself more often, I deserve it.

Speaking of yoga I had quite an unexpected reaction from a number of people. When I told my friend I'd be doing yoga she said "freak!". Even the instructor had one question to ask "why yoga?" the young ones were all flocking to dance classes and here we were in our 20s enrolling in yoga. She said most of the women in her class were already in their 40s, stressed out career women and housewives to be exact. My sister and I looked at eachother with bewildered faces. We were shocked too. So we just said we wanted something to calm us.

It would have been too long to explain to her that we were brought up to appreciate meditation. My parents would let us sit with them and meditate for fifteen minutes. I found it agonizing when I was young, opting to go out and play rather than stay home and sit still.

But now that we're older I've come to appreciate the importance of meditation.

So cheers to yoga.

Comments

Popular Posts