Gallery Set-Up

Last March 10th I helped out in setting up for Kat Thorsen's Art Event. We put up the paintings on the panels and walls and set up tables for journals and canvasses. I first met Kat during one of our workshops, she taught us how to make sock monkeys with her other students. That experience alone has made me look up to her and her work but this one has made me entirely her fan. I also met Rebecca that day, I instantly fell inlove with her. She's so vibrant, vivacious and friendly. It was so easy working with them.
Getting ready to hang and post!


lovely installations

Miguel and Lazaro straightening up the artworks on the panels.

While setting-up and seeing all of Kat's work I felt really giddy like I couldn't wait for the event to start so I could see everything come to life. I was so excited about the interactive table. Kat put a huge canvass on the table and distributed different paints and brushes. I haven't gone to many galleries but I just felt that so far, this would be the best. And you know what? It was. It really was, just being surrounded by real unpretentious artists and their works made me want to pursue art. 

photos from Kat and Rebecca's twitter

Comments

Popular Posts