My Little Nook

After my internship I finally had the time to catch up on my art projects. My art materials have been scattered all over the house and it was time to put them all in one place. I didn't do much "organizing", I just dumped them in the corner of the room. It's not definitely the world's finest art studio but it's something. I've realized how important it is to have one's own "altar of inspiration". I don't have mood boards but when I look at all these things I've created I get giddy, I get happy because I've made something with my own hands. 


My hand-sewn sock monkeys. I finally got the energy to finish sewing on the eyes and mouth of my purple sock monkey.


My bestfriend's birthday was coming up and I didn't know what to get for her. I was strapped for cash so I decided to make a cartoon painting of her. I told her I was sorry that I couldn't buy her something nice. She said it was the thought that counts. She hasn't seen this gift yet but I have a feeling that that "thought" counts for a lot.



I decided to give my purple sock monkey to my boy friend, after all there's no use in hoarding every sock monkey I manage to sew. There's always a feeling of attachment to one's own creation but there's also a pleasant feeling in giving it to people you love. I just hope he takes good care of it or I'll get it back!


Now my next project is to paint the cardboard boxes my sister brought for me. It will be fun once they start looking like a piece of art! 


Comments

Popular Posts