A Kiddie Shoot

Our mentor emailed us if we would be interested in helping out with a shoot he was doing. I wouldn`t pass up the chance to help out in a shoot so I persuaded my classmate to come with me. When he said we would be filming with kids I thought he meant teenagers but when we got there we realized it was with a bunch of 6-year olds. I almost died, I`m not very keen on kids and I`ve never had that innate fondness for them as most others would proclaim. I was even more nervous with the ambitious goal of filming the whole thing in one day. But it was a great surprise, the kids were very well-mannered and well-behaved. They were articulate, polite, smart and very sweet. 

We were filming for a little girl`s Hollywood themed birthday party. She and the rest of her friends all had roles in the short detective film. The sets were really cute and  the kids were able to experience filming firsthand.


The Detective Agency Set

Old Typewriter and Phone!


Hollywood Dressing Room

Hollywood-Themed Food!

Assisting with the Boom

More Equipment



The last scene was the most difficult to shoot, Charlotte had to repeat it over and over again. We were on a busy sidewalk and people would stop to look. But in spite of all that she performed with a poise and grace uncanny for a 6-year old. After the director announced that it was a wrap, she ran and hugged me and I hugged her back. I was quite touched. I thought if kids were like these everyday I wouldn`t be so scared of them.

Comments

Popular Posts