Too Much Arigato
We have a "favorite" Japanese restaurant, it's the place we go to when we crave for Japanese food. I apologize if I don't remember the name of the restaurant, familiarity breeds forgetfulness I suppose. That night my friend wanted to meet up so he treated us to a feast. We ordered some sparkling wine, oysters, a sushi boat, ebi sinomono, chicken teriyaki and ebi tempuras. We knew that sparkling wine isn't alcoholic so we ordered them but later in the evening Arvin and I started getting light headed after one shot each. I have a feeling the server mistakenly poured us something else. If not, she did it on purpose, we seemed to annoy her (of course I'm kidding but really, we did seem to annoy her by our endless "thanks"). The resto is located near Metrotown Mall, squished between Boston Pizza and Red Robin's.
I forgot I've ever tried oysters so to satisfy my curiosity we ordered raw oysters that night, I didn't enjoy them as much as I thought I would but they were really fresh.
Ebi Tempura's always a favorite.
Side dishes for the oyster
Chicken Teriyaki
I'm a sucker for Japanese food, and in a world where sushi has become fastfood, you kind of want to find a place to sit and enjoy a meal with your friends. This place has a very laid back atmosphere, not snobby, and not too busy.
I was looking over at other diners and noticed the Sushi Boat. It's perfectly normal to covet the neighbor's dishes, no crime there when you can pay for it yourself. So with my big appetite and some minor help from a friend, I was able to finish everything in sight.
I forgot I've ever tried oysters so to satisfy my curiosity we ordered raw oysters that night, I didn't enjoy them as much as I thought I would but they were really fresh.
Ebi Tempura's always a favorite.
Side dishes for the oyster
Chicken Teriyaki
I'm a sucker for Japanese food, and in a world where sushi has become fastfood, you kind of want to find a place to sit and enjoy a meal with your friends. This place has a very laid back atmosphere, not snobby, and not too busy.





Comments
Post a Comment