Humor me: The Sun Doesn't Always Shine
After weeks of telling myself that I would clean out my closet I finally did. I hid my blacks and grays, sweaters and long sleeves and took out all the clothes I've been storing in the closet for so long.
If I was back home I wouldn't make a big deal out of summer clothes because really, they would just be everyday clothes. But if you've lived somewhere outside the tropical zones of the earth, you will soon realize how much you're missing when the sun isn't shining. So humor me on this one because I swear to god I've been itching to wear all my clothes ala pinas style since last year! For months I was covered in bulging jackets that made me feel so ugly I swore I'd be back in my element by spring! Unfortunately it was quite a cold spring... tsk.
Westerners love wearing clothes in the summer that most of us back home would pass off as usual. I'm pretty smug about the fact that they buy it from expensive brands when they can have the "real thing" at cheaper prices.
Anyway! Ah, summer is for polka-dots, geometric patterns and tie-dyed dresses.
For yellows and pinks and blues
Florals and nautical stripes
Pastels, lace and studs
Pockets, zippers and buttons
I doubt I'll be able to wear every one of these clothes, I seem to have lost my sense of style since I donned on windbreakers and santa clothing. But I don't care, I'm just glad to be seeing these colorful things and knowing I don't need to be buried underneath layers and layers of clothing!
So cheers to the colors of summer, or I guess if I were back home, the color of everyday!
P.S siyempre hindi ako magpapatalo sa summer fashown dito, tayo kaya ang authority when it comes to that, because of course we bask in the sun all year long (when there's no monsoons, nyaha)!
Comments
Post a Comment