Toothbrush Dilemmas
Today I bought myself an electronic toothbrush. I've always wanted one of these and now I finally have them in my hands. A part of me hates myself for such a foolish purchase, the other part of me reasons out that I needed a new tooth brush anyway. Whatever, my teeth's stoked, they're having a teeth spa party.
This leads me to my current thoughts about my plans for a trip to somewhere. With the amount of money I've saved up and will be adding to it, I could go someplace else other than the place I call home. I could go to europe, maybe go on a trip to the bahamas, maybe even an african safari?! Okay maybe that's going a bit too far but I could also just purchase gadgets I've been dying to have. A brand new camera? a laptop? a pen tablet? Or just wait and watch until my savings go higher?
It all sounds so tempting and seems easier than purchasing a ticket and flying home to see friends. Flying home requires so much preparations, the thought of the entire trip's itinerary is giving me headaches already. My friends are all scattered around the archipelago, it's difficult to be with them all in one place. It would mean I have to go on inter-island trips to be able to see all of them. I wouldn't even be worrying if I had no time-limit but I do, I only have a few weeks.
Aside from that, there are always expectations when one comes home from abroad, I am getting a massive headache just by thinking about all the pasalubongs I'm supposed to bring along or how well-off I'm supposed to be.
It's somehow a play of appearances, really. And I don't want to live up to their expectations no matter how dissapointed they will be because after all, I'm the one who'll be stressed out in the end. Ripped pockets, zero energy.
Although I really do want to please my friends but then again, aren't real friends pleased enough by your presence?
Maybe I just have to sort all these things out when I'm sure of everything.
But I do want to make things extra-special for the extra-special people in my life.
Human relationships, in my situation, are after all, I think, far more urgent than going on a tour to some beautiful city. There are friendships that need to be restored, renewed, reconciled. The rest of the world can wait, the gadgets can wait but people, they come and go. It's best to grab the opportunity to be with them while they're there.
Oh, should I go home or not?
This leads me to my current thoughts about my plans for a trip to somewhere. With the amount of money I've saved up and will be adding to it, I could go someplace else other than the place I call home. I could go to europe, maybe go on a trip to the bahamas, maybe even an african safari?! Okay maybe that's going a bit too far but I could also just purchase gadgets I've been dying to have. A brand new camera? a laptop? a pen tablet? Or just wait and watch until my savings go higher?
It all sounds so tempting and seems easier than purchasing a ticket and flying home to see friends. Flying home requires so much preparations, the thought of the entire trip's itinerary is giving me headaches already. My friends are all scattered around the archipelago, it's difficult to be with them all in one place. It would mean I have to go on inter-island trips to be able to see all of them. I wouldn't even be worrying if I had no time-limit but I do, I only have a few weeks.
Aside from that, there are always expectations when one comes home from abroad, I am getting a massive headache just by thinking about all the pasalubongs I'm supposed to bring along or how well-off I'm supposed to be.
It's somehow a play of appearances, really. And I don't want to live up to their expectations no matter how dissapointed they will be because after all, I'm the one who'll be stressed out in the end. Ripped pockets, zero energy.
Although I really do want to please my friends but then again, aren't real friends pleased enough by your presence?
Maybe I just have to sort all these things out when I'm sure of everything.
But I do want to make things extra-special for the extra-special people in my life.
Human relationships, in my situation, are after all, I think, far more urgent than going on a tour to some beautiful city. There are friendships that need to be restored, renewed, reconciled. The rest of the world can wait, the gadgets can wait but people, they come and go. It's best to grab the opportunity to be with them while they're there.
Oh, should I go home or not?
Comments
Post a Comment