Get Up, Stand Up
For the past few days I've realized that there aren't many people who would actually stand up for themselves or for others when they know they are being wronged. I don't know if it comes with age, or if it's fear of committing social suicide but unlike most people in a crowd I have often brazenly rejected unjust/unfair treatment while the others stood quiet. The fact that these people can stand there silently, sometimes amused ( or bemused), wishing everything to be over, not to mention people siding with the other party to protect their own interests brings me to such an overwhelming frustration. Growing up, I've always tried not to step on anyone's toes but I also did not stand for anyone stepping on mine. It so frustrates me that over the years, the same thing happens. Different people, different ages, different races but still the same situation. No one speaking up, no one making a stand, no one trying to right the wrong save for just a few. And sometimes it's just one or two. I don't know why I should still be shocked, I should be used to this after all. What has become of us? Tamed to the point of abuse? The only way of extracting revenge is by doing the same? Stepping on others to make us feel better. What a cruel world we live in. Sometimes it's not the major wars we're fighting but the little things in everyday life that we see the inhumanity of mankind.
Or maybe, just maybe I'm meeting the wrong people.
Or maybe, just maybe I'm meeting the wrong people.
Comments
Post a Comment