Victorian Summer

My family and I are adventure-loving people. As a family, we like taking trips and vacations. We've been used to moving a lot, so following this major move and settling in, we haven't been on the go too much. However, after months of talking about it, we finally agreed on a date for this trip to Victoria! It was short but sweet. I haven't acquired the copies of our photos at  the famed local restaurant we ate at, and the Buchart Garden. So here are a few photos of downtown. The barge we rode was quite new and really huge, the sea-trip only took us an hour and forty-five minutes but it didn't feel any longer than that since there were all sorts of entertainment. We didn't even feel the ship move that much. I still can't believe how easy it was to travel since I'm used to roughing it most of the time! From the pier to downtown, we rode a double-deck transit bus. It took about 30 minutes to reach the downtown area. The fare for adults is $2.50 but the driver thought we were 18 and under so he let us pay $1.65 but our "adult" companions were too honest. 

I love Victoria because of its old structures, one can feel the place's soul. Back in the city, everything is mostly new that's why I can't seem to feel the aura of the place. Here it's different, I also love how the First Nations structure are visible and present too.






















The downtown area was lively, however when going home, we rode a community bus that shuttled from one distance to another. It took us 45 minutes to get to the dock. I felt very homesick at the end of the day. The town is quite lonely, even eerie. But I did enjoy such a short trip. I realized that having a change of scenery is really important when you're working every single day of your life. I came back to the city happy and rejuvenated..and glad to finally be able to slam on my bed!

Comments

Popular Posts