That's So Asian

We went to the Japanese Store that sold goods for $4 and less. I used to go there to buy cheap art materials but this time it was for school and for my newly proclaimed work space. I didn't have anything in mind but once I entered the store I found myself fancying little cute things. So I decided then and there to give my desk an oriental theme. I also got new art materials because I couldn't resist.





Japanese and Chinese stickers

A brush pen for drawing and etc.

mechanical pencils

Calligraphy materials. Don't ask me why... I just want to explore!

A Vietnamese painting tool on the left (it says so underneath) and sandalwood incense. The tray is actually from a sushi tray!

Corkboard

Red lantern ( I'm just gonna pretend I'm in the movie Raise the Red Lantern haha)

Japanese mousepad, I didn't buy this. We've had this for years :)

empty canvass that I will fill up soon

Tiny Buddha (didn't buy this either,  stuff we brought over from Pinas)

So here's the unfinished desk. I do plan on making it more striking but as of now I only have the lantern and the corkboard set up.



Truth be told. I love nice things. I am weak for pretty little things. I want them where I can see them, hold them and feel them. I want to own them. I don't know  how long the excitement and happiness will hold all I know is that sometimes, desire helps.

Comments

Popular Posts