Healing in Cooking

I haven't been active in the kitchen since I started school but this november I was able to take some time to putter about in the kitchen and prepare some meals for the family!

This was my first time trying to cook two dishes all at the same time. I also did two batches of each dish. It was really tiring since I spent four hours in total for the two dishes.  Now I'm thinking twice about opening a catering business. Haha. I didn't make the salad nor the pansit, just the Panda Chicken Wings and the Pork Ribs. This was all for my sib's little birthday celebration.


She baked her own muffin cake, since they didn't grab any store-bought cake from the grocery. It was looking a little plain so we got these colorful candles to light up the blueberry muffin cake. Then I did the clumsy lettering and placed Jose Rizal near it, just so it would seem like he was the cake decoration. I'm glad my lil' sib appreciated my effort since I'm totally bankrupt and can't buy her any gift!



Last week I cooked dinner for the family. I heated up a Campbell's cream of mushroom soup and seasoned it to my preferred taste. I then blanched the asparagus and sautéed some beef tips. The three dishes complimented eachother well. 



So that's it! I'm just happy to be back in the kitchen.

Comments

Popular Posts