The List Goes On: Turkey

While we were in the bookstore my sister and I browsed through a book entitled something like "1000 Places to Go Before You Die". We closed our eyes, scanned the pages and pointed to a destination we would find ourselves in the next year. I got Turkey.




It;s such a coincidence that one fo my closest friends here is from Turkey. How amazing would it be if this flight of fancy would actually happen next year? I think Turkey is amazing, my other Turkish friend told me Istanbul is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. 



It would be amazing to see a place where the old and new world meet, where european and asian culture
diverge.




Traveltourist.net describes it as  "the world’s most contested country. Its landscape is dotted with battlegrounds, ruined castles and the palaces of great empires. This is the land where Alexander the Great slashed the Gordion Knot, where Achilles battled the Trojans in Homer’s Iliad, and where the Ottoman Empire fought battles that would shape the world." 





I still think it's impossible for me to be in Turkey by next year but I'm not closing myself to the possibility. Remember those dejavus you get? You think they'll never happen then one day you wake up and realize you've seen this in your dreams. And it doesn't really matter if I get there a year from now or five years from now as long as I get there.

P.S I actually checked ticket fares.


Comments

Popular Posts