Oh Joyeaux, what luck!
I met up with my sister today, she needed some perking up and I figured going out would do her good. We were trying to figure out where to eat when we passed by Joyeaux Cafe at Howie Street (the owner is aware of the wrong spelling but doesn't want it changed, she believes it is good luck!). We stared at it for a little while and we just knew that's where we ought to have dinner. HAve you ever had that moment? When you just knew this was it? I always use that intuition when looking for a place to eat or a table/spot to sit down. It's like I just let it come naturally to me.
| Photo taken from their website |
My sister and I were initially looking at a Sushi place but there's something about minimalist designed restaurants that turns us off. When eating we'd like a more homey, relaxing theme where we feel comfortable to sit, stay and have lingering conversations.If I wanted to show off, sure I'd eat in a minimalist-inspired restaurant any time. It looks sleek, urban and high-end but just not this time. Joyeaux Cafe is spacious, has french-inspired interiors, serves breakfast all day with American and Vietnamese meals.
My sister had a vegetarian plate with mango and basil salad wraps, vegetable kebab, vermicelli and spring rolls. I had spare ribs, it was very good but I enjoyed the vegetable plate more. I guess I shouldn't order something that I often cook at home so I don't keep comparing them!
We went on to Chapters to browse books and especially enjoyed their cute knicknacks and Science section. The books were expensive so we tried to look them up in the Public Library System, and they're available so we're just gonna go and borrow.
We then tried to look for a quiet cafe where we could talk. We decided to try Cultured Tea and Coffee. It's the one I pass by every single morning when going to school. Their Vanilla Rose Tea Latte is pretty good! Just a tad bit too expensive for tea and coffee though.
I enjoyed spending time with my sister, we never run out of things to talk and we wander aimlessly from one topic to the next as if everything made total sense in connection to another.
She's a sweetheart and a very kind person. She's one of the best people I know not only because she's my sister but because she's smart, passionate, kind and interesting. I'm so lucky to have her. She's brilliant.
And just to cap off this very good vibes day, I got a perfect score on my interview article and presentation. Goes to show that if I concentrate my effort on writing I can still produce quality works. Wee. I guess I haven't lost it after all :D
Also, I got a chunk of good news in the mail today. God loves me! The Universe loves me! Throw love around and it will love you back! Keep happy!





Comments
Post a Comment