Off to Langley

Yesterday my mom and I went to Langley. It's an hour and thirty minutes from our city. We took the skytrain to King George Station then rode the bus that would take us to Langley Town. But before we could even hop on the bus, we got lost at the bus loop. Their bay stations were so far from each other, we had to practically go around and cross streets to find Bay 3 to get to our bus stop. The bus ride was pretty long, with me dozing off once in a while. I enjoyed the short trip though specially because we passed by old houses with structures typical in the 1950s, some were rundown with trampolines in their yards and other metal junks scattered around.

When we got there, I was appalled at a sign that said "No Loitering"



So I asked my mom if they confused loitering with littering but since it was a city bylaw with a $75 fine I wasn't really sure any more. Mom said that such bylaws existed in other places, so I got paranoid. I mean, why can't I loiter? I really need to be out and about with a purpose?! Why can't I just hang around in the streets and talk to people? I quickly took photos from my camera phone for fear of other bylaws I didn't know existed. I even hid my blue jacket exclaiming "Maybe they don't allow the color blue in this town!"


And right in front of our bus stop was a police car snapping photos of another car that got towed away, and since I was still very much paranoid I just stole quick snaps from my camera phone. I wasn't able to take out my digital camera and actually take some decent pictures of this sleepy place.


It was pretty much a short trip, we were just there to drop something off. Still I enjoyed getting away from the house even if the weather was dreary and the area felt a little eerie.


Upon reaching familiar territory, my mom and I decided to eat at the nearby chinese restaurant.




My favorite part in eating at Chinese and Japanese restaurants is the tea, 'cause it's free and relaxing!


I always keep this hot stuff close to me too. I love spice!


We ordered Duck with lemon and Ginger and a Tofu with Seafood Hotpot.


The duck wasn't that good, I'll stick to BBQ duck from now on.


I love tofu but I wish they were steamed instead of fried, they'd be more delicious.

And lastly, after enjoying/not enjoying the meal the most awaited part is... the fortune cookie! I always look forward to mine :D





The meal was quite expensive for two, so I'm not going back there anytime soon. I think my favorite Chinese Restaurant to date is Tsui Huang Village at Granville Street. But it's okay since we were tired and hungry... It was good to tag along with mum too. 


Comments

Popular Posts