Steps
Just last week I was desperately trying to figure out which direction I wanted to take, truth is I shouldn't get all worked up about what my occupation should be. I read a quote somewhere that said something like "Be the verb, not the noun". Instead of trying to find labels for myself (e.g graphic designer, web designer, web developer artist) I should be focusing on what I do.
![]() |
| Pen tool practice! |
And although I've found it easier as the days progress, I still am in the habit of panicking and messing up my homework deliverables.
Today I was working on Flash Animation while going back and forth to coding a basic web page for a mock spa company. Then I read Henry Miller's rules while working on his novel:
Number one struck me the most. I've been scrambling and juggling everything at the same time, I couldn't finish one thing! So I decided to forget about making my homework during class hours. I decided to focus and what do you know, I greatly enjoyed our Flash Animation Class:
It's all still very basic, but for a noob, who wouldn't get excited seeing a fish move?! I think it's cool.
The next class was our Advanced Web Programming Class, and I've seen improvement in my understanding about how coding works. I've actually wrapped my head around the concept of creating a basic webpage using divs and ids!
The design looks awful, but I'm just focusing on the code and making sure everything works fine.
There you go. I'm actually done with this week's homework deliverables! There's no time to rest since there's already a bunch of homework due for next week.
I just appreciate this day because I saw a glimpse of what I could be in the near future. Seeing myself finally grasping these concepts and participating in class, it excites me! I'm learning something new everyday and I've been waiting for this spark of recognition and appreciation.
There's no reason to be bored, despondent and lost now.




just keep swimming, swimming, swimming... enjoy every moment. =)-yinyin
ReplyDelete