Teeth, Sushi and University

January 11, 2012 

Yet another day of tagging along with my mum! We went to my dentist to get my teeth checked, I ended up getting two fillings, one was quite serious he had to inject anesthesia to my gums. He didn't even tell me! And he injected it twice. Ouch. But it's okay 'cause it would have been more painful if I anticipated it.

So afterwards we went to UBC to drop something off and then went for a stroll around the campus. I seriously want to go back to university life. There's something different about it, the spirit of learning perhaps? Hahaha. 




I just know I'll go after continuing studies. I know people love to be practical about these matters but I want to go back to university for the love of knowledge, it's a different world to be walking in campus, strolling along a vast expanse of soccer fields and passing by a wave of students, scholars and professors. Then there's the university events you can't miss. The clubs, the organizations, the parties, the variety of classes. I feel like I'm missing out on the whole university experience while I'm doing my intensive program at a technological institute.



Moving on! We went to eat at Suga Sushi Restaurant where they serve both Korean and Japanese dishes. They have very student friendly prices, a warm staff and great ambience and location.




I love this cozy wooden corner.


We were glad to have a nice view of outside from our seats. 



The usual tea and miso soup before the actual meal.



Mum and I both had Korean dishes. I was debating between Bulgogi and Bibimbap but I decided on the latter and got their hot pot meal. Delicious!


Side dishes, yum! Kimchi, some kind of pickled seaweed and caramelized sweet potatoes.




Mom's Spicy Squid was also really good. I love anything spicy but the flavors were quite rich, although a little greasy.


Overall, for its student-friendly price, great location, staff accommodation, it's a good deal. A huge difference from the Chinese restaurant we ate at from my previous post, which was in all honesty a total rip-off.

Quite a misleading title eh? No sushi in sight here! Blogging happy days!

Comments

Popular Posts