Let Them Eat Cake.
There goes the folks on facebook again, rubbing my weight gain in and pushing it. I thought they were already done the first few months after I arrived here. I wasn’t even gaining anything that much. Goes to show that people just want to bring you down for no reason. Anyhow, even before they’ve started being obnoxious I’ve already set up a weight loss program for myself, with the help of my mum.
I just need to regularly go to the gym, hop on that treadmill and run like crazy for a good 30 minutes. Easier said than done! I have to stop listening to my mind when it tells me to stop. My ankles start to burn and the pain is too much but I have to endure it. So far, there hasn’t been any success with that.The only place in the gym I am very much excited to go is the steam room. I could stay in there forever if there weren’t any health concerns.
And, since I’ve been so slack in looking for a futsal club, I guess I should really try to find one. Hmmmph. It’s pretty hard, there’s a drop-in futsal session at the gym but it’s on wednesday and I always have evening classes on wednesday.
I am also starting strict reinforcement of my no/less rice diet.
I will be slim again. I am slim. And when I become a VJ, DJ, Model, Travel,Living and Foodie Host, you will eat your words, get fat and choke on it. Watch me, I’ll make it happen.
I'm with you Nina! I've been struggling with the same issue for years na. Ever since I graduated from college. It's part of the "nesting" phase one undergoes when in a new place/ new situation.
ReplyDeleteWoke up today feeling fat and my sister said, "So what if you're fat, embrace it!" Like you, I'm doing my own fitness program myself. It's been a roller coaster ride but with the right amount of determination, you'll get by! Abstaining from rice is no easy feat and there will be days when you feel horrible that you're depriving yourself of the joys of good food. Haha. Don't beat yourself up too much doing physical activity. My first run was excruciating because I was pushing myself too hard to run 2.2k straight. It wasn't enjoyable and I felt like my lungs were going to conk out on me. The next days I decided to run for fun. Run at my own pace and run for myself. I'm sure you'll be able to do the same in whatever sport/activity that you set your heart on doing.
Btw, skinny girls on Tumblr are distractions. No one has to be waif-thin to be awesome. Look at Momma Adele, she's a whole lotta woman and a whole lotta women love her too! Haha. :D