When Does Your Diet Ever Start?
How often have we said that we were going on a diet but never really pushed through? How about that exercise regimen you were going to follow but never did?
I am admittedly guilty of slacking off on my weight-loss program. You see, I never had to take weight-loss programs seriously. I easily shed pounds just as I gained it. But, that was years ago when sports was a daily activity and walking was a past-time.
These days I am on my computer almost 24/7 and when I walk a kilometer I don't even break a sweat.
It also takes a lot of discipline to hold out on rice.
It also takes a lot of discipline to hold out on rice.
I still can't live on grains alone. Despite looking picture-perfect, they taste bland.
What's your diet? Did you last?

Hi Nin! Been following a no-rice diet for the past month. I live off oats for breakfast, veggies and fish. This Lenten season Mr. P and I are staying away from pork/beef/chicken. However we still incorporate a bit of bread or pasta in our meals.
ReplyDeleteIt's been quite a challenge at first since I only limited my diet to grains and tuna. But we've been exploring so many other pescetarian options, it's been fun! Mediterranean restaurants and sandwich bars (like Subway--their tuna subs are good!) are great dining options. Falafels & hummus (great protein substitutes) + pita make my day!
Cheeers and know that I'm cheering you on your way to health and fitness! :)
I've been trying to follow the no-rice diet too, the funny thing is i've been eating a lot of pescetarian options, subs and falafels the past month! But there's always rice when i get home and the burger joint's just beside school. It takes so much discipline.
ReplyDeleteHow many weeks does it take to see the effects of your diet?
Thank you for your tuna tip! hahaha i'll avoid roast beef subs already.
Thank you!!! :)
Two weeks into my no-rice diet (also did a crash 3-day tuna diet. haha) I already lost at least lbs. My friend says it might be water weight but better to start shedding that off too right? haha. Mr. P has been losing weight faster, in 3 weeks he lost more than 5 lbs just by staying off rice. His metabolism is faster than mine (unfair!?!?!). I'm not in much of a hurry to shed off all the unwanted pounds (I have more than 10lbs to lose) since I don't want to kill myself not enjoying my food. Haha. Exercise really helps too and though the scale doesn't show it yet, some visible flabby areas are slowly getting trimmed down. After my hell week at work, will try to go a bit crazy and look for more ways to shed pounds faster. If I stumble upon something really effective, I'll let you know. :)
ReplyDeleteCzareee! everyone's been telling me to stay off the rice because it works! I've been walking every morning and bought some meal replacement shake that I plan to drink for lunch and dinner. I hope I could lose weight as fast as Mr. P!
ReplyDelete