Meat & Bread

I had a chicken sandwhich at Rogue Wet Bar earlier so when I got to Meat & Bread and saw that their menu consisted of subs I almost did not want to order but seeing the beautiful porchetta ( a savory, fatty, and moist boneless pork roast of Italian culinary tradition) being chopped in front of my very eyes (they have an open kitchen) I knew I just had to try it.

The interior has a grungy, old but clean minimalist look about it. The dominant colours are black and white, there are only a few small tables, the entire place is an elongated room with an elongated table. The counter top also extends as a table.



They have a menu of sandwiches to choose from. Thursday's special was porchetta sandwich. They serve it right in front of you so it's really appetizing. You only have to line-up at the counter and pay for your food and you're good to go. They also have cutie take-out bags.


We also had the soup for the day: Red Pepper Soup. Man was it spicy, you could tell it was really made fresh.


Their drink options are limited to soda, beer and ginger ale. The sodas come in these vintage-looking bottles, and they're brewed. I didn't try it, I just had water which was located at the far end of the corner in pitchers that looked like what the nurses in WWII used when pouring water into a basin.
I honestly don't know how you'd visualize that.



Biene and I also oggled at each other's cameras. I love his Olympus camera! It looks old school, takes wonderful shots and it's really portable.


Anyway, back to the meal: I liked it but I think I was already full from my lunch with the classmates. Besides I'm asian. I'd rather have had the porchetta with rice. If you know what I mean... it screamed LIEMPO!!!!

The yellow sauce by the way (methinks) is spicy mustard.


Biene tells me I can work for the restaurant he works at. I told him I had no experience but he said it was okay as long as I was willing to learn. I'd be doing prep work, oh my. Should I take a chance? An actual kitchen experience. Hmm!

Comments

  1. I think I can eat in that place every week! haha. The challenge sounds deliciously exciting darling. Who knows, this could be your big culinary break. Cheers! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. if only to try all their sandwiches! hihihi i know. i should look into it. maybe i could really go for it. it's quite a decision but what an adventure it would be!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts