School Lately
I have been out of the blogging sphere for sometime because we just wrapped our third term of school. It's been tough. I mean, I think I did pretty well in my design classes. I managed to ace my individual finals in Visual Effects and I did get good feedback for my Advance Photoshop and Illustrator Class but developer-wise, I'm having a real hard time with coding.
A great way to look at coding though is to see it as a different language, which it really is. When learning a new language, it takes time and practice to get into the groove of things. This is a language I am unfamiliar with, but if I devote enough time and energy or as Malcolm Gladwell would recommend: 10,000 hours it's going to be a piece of cake. Right now, I have three layers of cake on my hands.
Although it was stressful, I enjoyed making graphics for both classes. I love making digital illustrations and lay-outing. I feel like I'm such a professional artist when I'm handing my work in or making stuff to pass on to groupmates.
Here is a link to the video I made for our Visual Effects Class, entitled Secret. I'm glad I was able to exercise my creativity, I've been handing out crappy work for most of the time and my instructor's been kind enough to give me decent grades, better than what I deserve. I felt that I had to make this and go beyond my own limits. I loved how she always said she wanted to see the creative side of us and that I was able to deliver at the last minute.
I have deactivated my Facebook and set my Twitter to private, it's because I spent so much time on it during our Social Media Class and now that it's over I feel like puking from too much exposure. The goal was to get the highest possible Klout score and to generate our own content that related to New Media and Web Development. I managed to get the highest Klout score at 56. So I won the book that was the grand prize! I think our instructor wasn't too impressed by my win, but what most people in class don't know is that when I set my goals on something, I make sure I get it. I love games, and a book for a prize? I just had to win it. I was posting a lot of content on my Facebook account, and luckily enough, people responded.
I haven't read it, I'm still suffering from Web stuff overload. But when I won this it made me realize how powerful a person's drive to get something is and if I could will myself to achieve these things I could will success into my life, particularly career-wise. This book is an affirmation of the power of the mind. It's going to serve as a reminder everytime I waiver and doubt myself. I guess that's what trophies are really for, not merely for the glory but as a reminder of what you can do.
Okay, this will be the last in a very long time that I will rant about school. I don't have a life other than my academics and I didn't even have a life aside from the internet. Deactivating my Facebook is my way of trying to enjoy things at present and appreciate real life interaction. After all, my social media instructor did say that meaningful interaction is real life interaction.
So adios, FB, school's out and for once I can say, I have a life!
A great way to look at coding though is to see it as a different language, which it really is. When learning a new language, it takes time and practice to get into the groove of things. This is a language I am unfamiliar with, but if I devote enough time and energy or as Malcolm Gladwell would recommend: 10,000 hours it's going to be a piece of cake. Right now, I have three layers of cake on my hands.
![]() |
| Working on graphics for Photoshop and After Effects Class at the same time |
Here is a link to the video I made for our Visual Effects Class, entitled Secret. I'm glad I was able to exercise my creativity, I've been handing out crappy work for most of the time and my instructor's been kind enough to give me decent grades, better than what I deserve. I felt that I had to make this and go beyond my own limits. I loved how she always said she wanted to see the creative side of us and that I was able to deliver at the last minute.
I have deactivated my Facebook and set my Twitter to private, it's because I spent so much time on it during our Social Media Class and now that it's over I feel like puking from too much exposure. The goal was to get the highest possible Klout score and to generate our own content that related to New Media and Web Development. I managed to get the highest Klout score at 56. So I won the book that was the grand prize! I think our instructor wasn't too impressed by my win, but what most people in class don't know is that when I set my goals on something, I make sure I get it. I love games, and a book for a prize? I just had to win it. I was posting a lot of content on my Facebook account, and luckily enough, people responded.
![]() |
| My prize! |
Okay, this will be the last in a very long time that I will rant about school. I don't have a life other than my academics and I didn't even have a life aside from the internet. Deactivating my Facebook is my way of trying to enjoy things at present and appreciate real life interaction. After all, my social media instructor did say that meaningful interaction is real life interaction.
So adios, FB, school's out and for once I can say, I have a life!




yes you have a life! and you cook yummy fried squid! nomnomnom!
ReplyDeleteStarting to have a life other than school now! :D thank you! I know you love my cooking. teehee!
ReplyDelete