A Room with White Walls
We moved to a new home about a month ago. My room is smaller compared to the previous one, but it's compact and has ample closet space. The view looks out to a lane of pine trees, beyond that is a wall and a parking lot. It's not noisy though since the area is more like a suburb.
Every time I move into a new space, I only have one wish, that it should have white walls.
White walls make it easy for me to decorate, its versatility allows me to explore different themes.
This room has a very white, minimalist but whimsical feel to it.
Gone are my lanterns and oriental decors. They have been stored for future use (we are planning on a reading nook downstairs!) My mother purchased a new desk, and this black table fits the room perfectly. On the first widow sill I have my fortune plant, a souvenir my sister got from her New York trip, and a blue buddha (chopstick holder) I purchased at a thrift shop. The little vase used to contain my fortune plant, but I have converted this to an incense holder. That way the ashes don't fall directly on the window sill.
This flower stem is part of the first bouquet we bought for our new home, the flower shop is a bit of a walk now so we haven't been going there often.
These customized pin buttons were the ones Yen and I made a year ago at the Stonesoup Festival in Commercial-Broadway.
Look at Maggie, she fits right into my bed covers! Maggie was a gift from one of my high school best friends. He got it on a trip to the US. There is a very funny story surrounding that time of our high school life, and maybe I'll share it with you one of these days. I keep Maggie with me wherever I go, she is also named after her giver. He passed away when we were only seventeen.
Oh, and I have a new mattress, it's bigger and softer. My sisters like to invade my room all the time.
This is really our room but I get to have it to myself because I'm big. Tall people need more space...
Hahaha. But they will have it soon when I move.
This is my mood/vision board. I put in a collage of visuals that I loved, and aspirations of how I want to mold myself into.
![]() |
| My mom got me a new alarm clock from Ikea! Lovely! |
I think it's really sad that I can't buy any more books because I don't have anywhere to place them in. Our shelf downstairs is full and our house in the Philippines is bursting with books. I am having a dilemma on which books to keep here, and which ones to take home.
When my room is all tidied up though, it still looks bare and unlived in.
Anyway, that's about it. If you know of any pretty bookshelves, carpets, and storage boxes do leave a comment and share the link! I would love to see more options :)
Have a great day, and happy decorating!







Comments
Post a Comment