The Camping Trip Part II

I worked until 11 in the evening the day before our camping trip. When I got home, I immediately packed my things so I didn't need to scramble for it in the morning. Exhausted as I was, I couldn't help but be excited to get away from the city for a while and have a change of scenery.

I brought along two bags, the backpack with all my change of clothes and the monkey bag which is actually a sleeping bag I bought at a yard sale (Fyeahwhatsinyourbag  posted my bag on their blog for the second time!).


To be honest, I was ill-prepared for a camping trip. All of these were useless save for the tylenol and sun glasses. Thank God my mom and family friends had band-aid, insect repellants and tons of bottled water.


When I was not out enjoying the sun, I stayed inside the tent resting. Luckily we had an airbed so I didn't have to suffer so much (Although it deflated hours after!). I used to pride myself in being a cowgirl but staying overnight outdoors made me realize I could not survive living anywhere without a decent bathroom. Thankfully the camping site had one but it was quite a walk from our tent so I did go to the edge of the forest to do some minor business in the middle of the night. HAHAHA.

I've never slept in a tent for longer than a few hours, and not in that overwhelming heat.
If I think about it, all my camping activities weren't quite roughing it. This one was probably the least comfortable of all, considering even the excess of delicious food every meal time, and the facilities.

I'm never going to rough it in the purest sense, it is just so hard. Or maybe I should be in the company of more adventurous spirits...



I thought I would see bears or coyotes during camping and I was pretty scared because I didn't have time to google how to survive in the wilderness. Fortunately (or unfortunately) we were so often herded into the camp for activities that I rarely participated in so I never had the chance to go into the woods.

To cap off my last day at camp, I got a strawberry shortcake icecream which tasted heavenly. I can't believe people have not discovered the goodness of this icecream. I so badly wanted to go home (for far deeper reasons than explicitly expressed in this blog *hint: Jesu-ehem!*) that I was willing to hitch hike a ride to the highway with strangers. It would have been a great item off my bucket list but I wasn't able to do that since my mom was able to secure a ride home for me. I thank my lucky stars I got out of that camp as fast as I could. Others were not so lucky.



Although, I didn't enjoy my time in the camp so much (due to the structured nature of the camp we joined) I was still very thankful for the opportunity to be able to see Chilliwack, experience camping be closer to the natural world.




Comments

Popular Posts