The Camping Trip Part I
I went to an overnight camping trip with family friends. While on the way, I realized people take their long weekends seriously. There was a little bit of traffic on our way to the camping site. You could tell people were going away for the holidays when you peered through their car windows. There were camping gears, bikes, and ice containers.
The rustic scenery made me want to get out of the car and explore the little town of Yarrow.
We arrived at the camping site near Vedder River, the kids wanted to bathe in the river so I accompanied them. It was about 30 degrees hot but the water was ice cold. That didn't deter the kids from wading into the freezing waters.
I was quite envious of Cheska's golden tan. Her summer soaked skin glowed so beautifully, I wanted to snatch it from her. Unfortunately, even with all the time I spent under the sun, I only turned red for a couple of days and then it vanished.
The area looked like it could have been anywhere in the Philippines except for the absence of carabaos bathing and the ice cold waters. This reminded me of the many times my family would go to the river during a weekend of leisure.
I found it funny that white people wearing bikinis soaked themselves under the sun and didn't bathe in the river, while most Filipinos wearing shirts and shorts were immersing themselves in the water.
We made some sort of border so that the kids would stay safe and away from the swift currents. I was just watching and taking photos but then I felt envious, so I decided to bathe in the river, nevermind that I had already taken a shower and changed. I couldn't pass up the chance to finally be able to say I went camping and bathed in an ice-cold Canadian river. My feet went numb from the cold but after a while it felt fine.
Now that's one thing checked off my spontaneous bucketlist.

Comments
Post a Comment