The Kanto Experience
The evening before I was to fly to Cagayan de Oro, I went with my aunt's friend to Bside Makati. It was a spontaneous decision since I was just planning on waiting at the airport until my early morning flight. I had originally bought Cello's Doughnuts for my high school friends back in the hometown.
I ended up offering the donuts to the artists I met at Kanto, a gallery run by the artists themselves. It was October 30, and there was a Halloween Costume Party outside, somehow the only people who weren't in costumers were the ones inside Kanto.
I met a few more people, and a few of us ended up sleeping upstairs until 3 AM just to accompany me while I waited to be fetched by my aunt.
That was the first and only time I've met those people but somehow I felt comfortable with them. We woke up, and they walked me to the gate, I waved goodbye to them and hopped on the waiting taxi that would take me to the airport.
I wish I could have more spontaneous nights of meeting kindred spirits, but with more comfortable sleeping space!
Comments
Post a Comment