The Posi Madness


A lot of people have been recently getting into this whole healthy living thing. They get into only eating organic food, practicing yoga and sometimes engaging in other quite expensive activities. I have nothing against that but sometimes it can be more of a hype rather than a sincere effort to try and become a peaceful, healthy, and happy individual. Organic food is quite expensive and more often than not, the only people who can afford it are those with high-paying jobs. But if you actually go to the wet market, I'm pretty sure that the food you buy from there are healthier options vs. the ones you get from the groceries. 

Anyway, I am going off topic. I wanted to focus on the mental aspect. Thanks to the internet and to second hand book stores I've found cheap ways to help me maintain a positive and grateful mindset.

I found this book inside UP's Shopping Center. I have another book by Sark that tackled creativity. This book is all about healing yourself from all the negative things that surround you. I was so happy I found this because I saw it by accident and I've been a fan of Sark's books, I also got it for half the price compared to buying a new one from Fully Booked.




It talks about how you are the one who can control what goes in your mind, and how you can achieve healing through simple activities.


The project I did was making a "mailbox" to heaven where you write down your petitions to your god/the universe/whoever/whatever you believe in. In this way you feel more closer to the source and your petitions are very concrete because you've written them down in pieces of paper.


I've actually had most of my petitions granted and I sometimes look at them again and smile at how everything worked out. It's also a good way of clearing your mind from all your worries and identifying what's been bothering you.

Project #2 is making a happy jar. I got the idea from Tumblr. You basically just write about anything good that's happened to your day, so when the year ends and you feel like nothing happened, you get to read it and realize that life was actually good.



Lastly Project #3 Laugher Yoga.

Tadah! Our school has something called ACLE (Alternative Class Learning Experience) , it's a day off every semester where different university organizations organize workshops/ classes of various topics which we don't get to learn during regular school days. Some would have movie screenings, tutorials, talks etc. etc. Anything goes!

My friend and I went to the Laughter Yoga class. It was fun! The room was full of awkward students. But we all soon got rid of our inhibitions and started making hilarious faces and positions. You just essentially laugh even if you don't feel like it. Just start with a "ha!" even if you are faking it, the body does not know it so it still thinks you're laughing. And when you get into it for quite a time you start to feel better too. The facilitator said it can also help you lose weight.


So these three things are not very hard to do, and they're free! I try to always do it on a daily basis  but it's only natural to forget once in a while. However, I think these three activities are also a good start to making yourself happy and focusing on changing your attitude. It doesn't matter if you start in the middle of the year at all! Just go for it.

Comments

Popular Posts