#SystemofABreakdown

I can't pretend that I am positive all the time. I do have my days of utter despair.
And while I try my best to pick myself up and pump as much enthusiasm and energy, there are days when I really just want to lie in my own mess.
This is one of those days.
I don't really have anything to be sad about. Okay, I do but somehow i I have reached a certain level of calmness that I can look at my situation from a more positive perspective. But even then, I still want to break down.
Isn't that part of personal development? Taking a day off and just breaking down?
I've read and listened to quite a few motivational pieces and some are very conflicting.
On the one hand, Joe urges me to go faster. Like they say, "the faster you go, the more crap you deflect."
While on the other, Jane allows me to stop, lie down and reconnect with myself.
I guess when you read motivational books you also have to consider the author's point of view. I think women are more forgiving. They have a  different way of coping, they stop to pause more and listen to their inner selves. And because I am a woman, I will allow myself to take the day off and sleep, cry or maybe stare into space.
How about you? When have you allowed yourself to rest? Don't you ever stop worrying? I'm here to tell you that it's okay to give yourself a break too. Join me.

Comments

Popular Posts