Winter Reverie


Social networking sites are a venue for people to show off and compete with who’s living a more perfect life, but there are some of those truly sincere people who are there to share what they love.

Let’s face it, social media is another level of reality tv show where everything tends to be scripted. We think about what we write, we google the words, we plan what we post. All the spontaneity gone. Then we anticipate the ratings; how many likes, notes, hearts, comments we get.

So let me just say that I am not living  a perfect life despite all the pretty pictures I post. I hoestly feel like crap today, like the whole world is crashing down on me. This is for no apparent reason but in retrospect, yeah, it’s because of everything.

Of being transplanted to another land, living a life I am not used to. Trudging to job interviews, riding on a passenger train with people who are equally discontent with their lives, who are foul-tempered at the start of morning.


I am living a life of uncertainty, everybody is. But for everyone else back home to assume that everything is bright here, it’s not.

But I love winter. The snow is beautiful. It makes me forget and all I can see is how beautiful the world is. 

Comments

Popular Posts