A Quiet Mess
May 3, Saturday:
Had an opening shift at work today (my 2nd day at the job!). My manager might have rolled her eyes over the fact that I vacuumed the entire store really slow. I messed up quite a few times and I'm totally out of it. Need to get my act together. I did feel really low that day. I can't seem to keep it together and I don't even know what's wrong with me!
It was Free Comic Book Day so after my acting classes I walked to the nearest comic book store and got 10 free comic books! Of course all the good ones were gone. I'm not crazy about superheroes but once I start reading, I do enjoy it.
After getting my free comic books I went to Chapters and started reading an autobiographical graphic novel. It had a scene where the author ordered a crab sandwich. I never had a crab sandwich, but tonight after our staff meeting, Arvin told me about a place that served delicious crab sandwich and I just marvelled at the coincidence. So he took me to EXP restaurant + bar. EXP is a videogame themed bar. I mean, there are video games and since it was May 4, the movie playing on the screens were... you guessed it, Star Wars. It's pretty cool. My inner geek was definitely delighted.
We had coffee afterwards and right now I feel a little weird, I think the lavender latte I drank was too strong. Just listening to "chill wave" music on songza while I chatter mindlessly on the net. Mmm. Walking in Vancouver at night is a totally different experience. The energies come out, the old spirits, you can feel the spirit of the place unlike in daytime.
When I go out at night, I fall in love with Vancouver, during the day the love fades. I don't know how to explain it but something inside me gets stirred when I look at the buildings and the silhouettes, the hole in my stomach reappears and I feel so lonely yet so alive. It's like I want to live here forever but when I wake up, I just want to be somewhere else.
Had an opening shift at work today (my 2nd day at the job!). My manager might have rolled her eyes over the fact that I vacuumed the entire store really slow. I messed up quite a few times and I'm totally out of it. Need to get my act together. I did feel really low that day. I can't seem to keep it together and I don't even know what's wrong with me!
It was Free Comic Book Day so after my acting classes I walked to the nearest comic book store and got 10 free comic books! Of course all the good ones were gone. I'm not crazy about superheroes but once I start reading, I do enjoy it.
After getting my free comic books I went to Chapters and started reading an autobiographical graphic novel. It had a scene where the author ordered a crab sandwich. I never had a crab sandwich, but tonight after our staff meeting, Arvin told me about a place that served delicious crab sandwich and I just marvelled at the coincidence. So he took me to EXP restaurant + bar. EXP is a videogame themed bar. I mean, there are video games and since it was May 4, the movie playing on the screens were... you guessed it, Star Wars. It's pretty cool. My inner geek was definitely delighted.
We had coffee afterwards and right now I feel a little weird, I think the lavender latte I drank was too strong. Just listening to "chill wave" music on songza while I chatter mindlessly on the net. Mmm. Walking in Vancouver at night is a totally different experience. The energies come out, the old spirits, you can feel the spirit of the place unlike in daytime.
When I go out at night, I fall in love with Vancouver, during the day the love fades. I don't know how to explain it but something inside me gets stirred when I look at the buildings and the silhouettes, the hole in my stomach reappears and I feel so lonely yet so alive. It's like I want to live here forever but when I wake up, I just want to be somewhere else.
Comments
Post a Comment