Expiration Dates and Pineapples
It is May now, a year after I woke up from a silly dream, sweating.
I never stopped to take a second look, not even with the prodding of my friends.
Oh they've told me a million times. The last being the night before we got drunk
And you flirted with that girl on the bridge, but we still ended up holding hands.
I remember that night, I could see you from the corner of my eye looking at me from the corner of your eye while you pretended to listen to the girl on the bridge.
I was drunk, your friends offering me another cup. We had beer an hour earlier, and some cigarettes, talked about torrid kisses as if we ever did kiss (except for a peck on the cheek and a soft forehead kiss.)
-
The last time I saw you I was on my way out and you called my name and I burst out laughing
You were burnt by the sun "Where have you been, I've been looking for you all summer?!"
You told me you didn't know I was here. I caught you by surprise.
You caught me by surprise when you instinctively backed away. I was only too glad to see you.
It was only natural for me to want to hug you. Maybe she was inside, waiting.
I don't remember what I said when you asked me why it ended. I don't think I'll ever have the chance to tell you nor do I want to, I'll leave it in the past unless you come back around digging for answers.
We may not be inlove but I know we love each other, that love keeps us as friends.
And I am already happy, not to want more, to stay in this kind of love and keep you forever.
I never stopped to take a second look, not even with the prodding of my friends.
Oh they've told me a million times. The last being the night before we got drunk
And you flirted with that girl on the bridge, but we still ended up holding hands.
I remember that night, I could see you from the corner of my eye looking at me from the corner of your eye while you pretended to listen to the girl on the bridge.
I was drunk, your friends offering me another cup. We had beer an hour earlier, and some cigarettes, talked about torrid kisses as if we ever did kiss (except for a peck on the cheek and a soft forehead kiss.)
-
The last time I saw you I was on my way out and you called my name and I burst out laughing
You were burnt by the sun "Where have you been, I've been looking for you all summer?!"
You told me you didn't know I was here. I caught you by surprise.
You caught me by surprise when you instinctively backed away. I was only too glad to see you.
It was only natural for me to want to hug you. Maybe she was inside, waiting.
I don't remember what I said when you asked me why it ended. I don't think I'll ever have the chance to tell you nor do I want to, I'll leave it in the past unless you come back around digging for answers.
We may not be inlove but I know we love each other, that love keeps us as friends.
And I am already happy, not to want more, to stay in this kind of love and keep you forever.
Comments
Post a Comment